Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Mother's Blessing

I am so blessed. Really, I am. So many things, so little time to tell. Tonight, I noticed that Jacob was playing basketball with a kid I had never seen before. When I introduced myself to him, I found out he was our next door neighbor (the ones who let their dog poop in our yard - but it doesn't anymore). Tonight as I was putting Jacob to bed I asked him how he got to playing with Trent. Jacob told me that he (Jacob) just went over to him and asked him if he wanted to play? *Cleaning ears out* Did I hear right? My son, my firstborn, went over and asked someone else to play? Praise God!!! So cool. But what is the coolest is not that he went and did it, but that this is another prayer answered. I have been praying for a while now that Jacob would come out of his shell and find some good friends. While as of now I cannot say whether this other boy is a "good friend", I can rejoice that Jacob initiated the friendship. Praise God, from whom all blessings flow. I love this! Oh, mom's listen.......God is there and he is waiting.....bring your kiddos to Him. Suffer the little children. Bring them before His Holy throne. Oh my gosh! I am so blessed!

Then I moved to the girl's room to put them to bed. Jadyn asked if she could pray. Of course she can pray! So her prayer was this:
Dear Jesus, Thank you for Jacob and the other boy. Thank you for mom and dad. Thank you for grandma and grandpa. Thank you for mimi and papa. Thank you for Gracie and Grant. Amen.
I thought to myself....did she hear me praying with Jacob? Why was she praying for the "other boy", the one Jacob was playing with? Wow! I love how God worked in that. And so precious was her prayer, I had a hard time keeping myself together. I finally got enough composure to tell her I loved her prayer and no sooner had the words left my mouth, she was terrified. There was nothing to be terrified of, but I know that this was the devil attacking her precious heart. A 4 year old. How freaking rude. Really. But he knew that her heart was open to God and he used whatever means necessary to get her mind of praying and God. Shame. But then, out of nowhere (OK his bed) Grant toddles into the room, climbs up onto the bed, over me and lays right on top of Jadyn. Then he says: "I sorry Jadyn, I sorry." Comforting her. He heard her crying from his room and came in to love on her. Am I a lucky mom or what? Immediately after Grant's arrival, Grace broke out into prayer, asking God to comfort Jadyn and help her not to be scared. Oh, I love my kids! And I love how they love and trust the Lord.

I am a seriously blessed momma! Thank you Lord for answering my prayers and working in the lives of my kids. OUR kids. Praise you Eternal Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment