Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weber's Come to Visit

Krystel and her boys came to visit this week. She came on Tuesday, via train. We did not tell the kids that they were coming. So when we parked at the train station, we told the kids that after the train left we would cross the tracks and get ice cream. So we waited....and Spencer came off first. Grant was the first to notice and started yelling his name (or Krystel's...we can't really tell). Then Jacob looked at Spencer in a weird way, as if to say "you look like my cousin, but there is NO WAY he could be here." Then he noticed Krystel and hugged her and then looked back to Spencer. It finally clicked in his head and he ran to Spencer, grabbed him and almost took his head off. Then he couldn't get rid of his huge smile - I loved that!! Greg said that all the way home Jacob and Spencer giggled like school girls. Wednesday we had the kids stay home from school. We went to the park and had a picnic lunch. Then we came home and Krystel and I set the trampoline up - twice. That part was not fun. But it is up and was a great source of entertainment for the kids this week. Thursday the kids went to school and I was able to take a nice walk - ipod and all - around the lake across the street. After dinner, Krystel and I went to the movies and saw a terrible movie (Edge of Darkness). Friday, we let the kids stay home again. Because Spencer and Seth were here, but mostly because it was Good Friday and EVERYONE knows you don't go to school on Good Friday. But we live here in this culturally diverse place where nothing Christian in celebrated, so I had to take matters into my own hands. We went to another park Friday and then Krystel watched the kids while Greg and I went on a date. We went to dinner at Michael's (do not recommend) then went to the movies (When in Rome), followed by ice cream at Carl's. We had a great night out - I miss dating my hubby! This morning I took Krystel and the boys to the train station. I have never dropped anyone off at the train before. It is much more sad to drop someone off than it is to be the one dropped off. We had a great week and I am so glad they all came down.









This afternoon Jacob asked me to jump on the trampoline with him. I really didn't want to because I have something REALLY wrong with my tooth. Every time I walk I have excruciating pain in my mouth. I told Jacob that, to which he replied, "Don't you know what it is like to be a kid with no one to play with?" How could I say no to that? I had to jump - I lasted about 5 minutes before I wanted to chop my head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment