Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boasting in the Lord

Let her who boasts, boast in the Lord. So that is what I will do. God is so amazing! He is teaching me so much each day that I don't even know He is teaching me. My very sweet accountability partner just left and I can not even type fast enough to get all I need to say out before I have to leave to get the kids from the bus. Just sitting talking to Lori allows me to "talk through" all I am going through with the Lord. Reason #865 why we need good Christian friends. I was recently asking her to pray for me that I would embrace freedom in my relationship with the Lord. That I would not think that I had to do things in my relationship according to a pre-described mould. I wanted to just "chill" with the Lord. And by golly - that is what is happening. By no means of my own though. It is so weird....the most recent thing is the purchase of this "new" van. I have been praying about it and in the past I would wait for a "sign" to let me know that what I was doing was in line with God's will. Then today I was editing and came across some discussion on faith that said faith is not just "wishing and hoping", it is acting. Not just any old acting, but acting according to the Bible. I know - the Bible does not say anything specific about buying a used van, but I know we are doing the right thing. Even though at the current moment Greg does not think so. This is another test of our faith. It is like God is saying to us, you trusted Me to get you the van, are you not going to trust Me to make sure EVERYTHING is ok? I mentioned this to Greg last night. We just have to trust God - it is what He demands from us. And I am A-OK with that. He knows the beginning from the end. He knows the good from the bad. Who the heck else would you want to trust?

BTW - The "stuff" I am talking about with the van is the fact that the air conditioning compressor hisses when the air is turned on. But, oh how God orchestrated this, to have us buy this van from a Christian man who said he would cover the repair cost. Isn't God so amazing? I love it when I back off and let God reign. He is the Ultimate King of Kings. Oh, God Most High - I love you!

Lest you think my love for the Lord is conditional....I would love Him even if the repair was not covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment