Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Treasure

God has given me so much treasure. Yes, some of it I can touch, but a lot of it I cannot. I am thinking about the situation with my van yesterday and the situation with my Dad's healing, and I love that God has given me these glimpses of His power. I was just reading in 2 Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." What a treasure! I mean first that through our weakness (and I have a lot of them) God power is made perfect, and second God has allowed me to "touch" these. God knows that I am a touchy person. In fact, I have often told Him that I wish He would just sit across from me and have a face to face conversation with me. Talk back so I could hear Him. Let me hold His hands. Since that probably won't happen this side of glory, He is giving me these amazing treasures to hold onto. These 2 situations were times when what ended up happening was not even in the realm of possibility of what could happen (according to the world's standards). But God is so much more than this little world - He is the creator of it! And God - through the power of prayer - changed the unchangeable. Tangible, visible proof that God is and that God can. Behind me right now it is getting darker and thunder is roaring. I think another beautiful display of God's amazing power is about to take place. Praise Your Mighty Name!!!!

I am having a feeling. Is it a feeling? Is it the Holy Spirit moving in me? For the first time since we moved here I feel like moving on. Am I growing or am I scared? I don't think I am scared because I am very peaceful about how I feel. I know that God is working big in the life of my family and we are so blessed. God has worked wonders in me through this move to a foreign land (OK, Illinois) and I think He is working hard on Greg too. I am so glad for that. I love to see my husband grow in his knowledge and trust of the Lord. I pray that he will always turn to the Lord for wisdom and guidance. Greg and I are in a discipleship class at church and I think we are learning so much there. Greg is working so hard at his job and I think he is learning to trust God with the things at work that are out of his control. He is such a diligent, hard worker and I am so blessed to be married to him, I love you, Greg (if you are reading this - well, even if you aren't reading it, I still love you)!! You have made me so proud and I am happy to be in the "cornfields of Illinois" with you. It is WAY BETTER than a cardboard box.

No comments:

Post a Comment