Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Servant?

On April 27, I had to read (starting in James) and stop when something grabbed my attention. Then I had to write it down. Then I had to personalize it. This is what it looked like:

4/27/2010 James 1:1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings.
James 1:1 (personalized)
Michelle, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to anyone I may happen to meet: Greetings.

Later in the day, I received via email, my daily Bible verse. It was as follows:

"Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening." 1 Samuel 3:8-9

Fast forward to today (4/28/10) when I was reading in my discipleship homework I read about quieting myself in front of God and saying the following 2 things:
- I am your servant and I am listening.
- Speak Lord, your servant is listening.

So I write out.....What is God telling me? I am His servant. What does He want me to do?

A few minutes later I start singing "Make Me a Servant".

Make me a servant, humble and meek.
Lord, let me lift up those who are weak.
And may the prayer of my heart always be,
Make me a servant,
Make me a servant,
Make me a servant today.


I am curious. I will "be still and know that [HE] is God".

No comments:

Post a Comment