Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Boys

Greg is at Encounter, and I am excited!! God is moving in our family and I cannot praise Him enough. It is so amazing. I am home with all the kids. This morning I made a phone call to a good friend (ok she is great) and decided to take my cup of coffee out to the front porch to talk in secret. Because we have secrets now.....secrets from everyone, including the kids. More on that later. While I was outside, Jacob cleaned the table from breakfast, wiped the table, swept the whole kitchen, pushed in the chairs, cleaned the family room, organized the playroom, re-arranged the chairs on the front porch and picked up the poopy diaper I had recently thrown on the porch. I opened the front door to check on the kids and I saw Jacob on his hands and knees with a paper towel in hand in the bathroom. Apparently Grant had grabbed the toilet brush, "cleaned the toilet" and then flung water all over the bathroom. And Jacob as cleaning it up. Yeah, good times. So once that was all taken care of, I looked over Jacob's "pay list" - the list he is keeping so that at the end of the month he can get paid. After all this, we were up to $32 - kind of pricey. A few minutes after we talked about the list Jacob looked at me and said "well, at least I will get nine jewels in my crown". I love that! He is growing up so fast. I mean he is trying to get money, but he is also learning what it means to help out too.

And Grant.....he went upstairs and got the toilet bowl brush from the kids bathroom and did the same freaking thing in the kids bathroom. Oh....I was mad. But you know what made me even madder? He tore 6 pages in my Bible AND ripped 3 pages completely out. Oh, I was not happy then. He is such a blessing to me though - a real lesson in patience, that boy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment