Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If I Didn't Know It Was God.....

....I would say it is unbelievable! Over the course of the last few days I have discussed prayer with Greg quite a bit. Today at lunch we were talking about the "issue" we have had with our new van. We had a leak in the A/C unit and the guy we bought it from (Dan) said he would pay to fix it. We took it to the dealer and they "fixed" it and charged Dan $692. Then they called us and told us they "found" another leak and it would cost us $527 to fix it. They took money for the job they were supposed to have performed from Dan and then tried to stick it to us too. They were supposed to have "fixed the problem" with the first repair. Needless to say, we were ticked off. I even (in my infinite wisdom) dragged all my kids to the dealer and had it out with the service manager. I even crawled under the van in a skirt to show him I meant business. It didn't get me anywhere - the guy would not budge. What a fool I am. Greg tried to talk nice to them - that didn't work. Greg flexed his CAMtek muscle (his boss said he could) and that didn't work. All throughout this process, we caught the service manager, the sales manager and some other guy who fielded calls all in different lies. It was so not good. As of early afternoon today, they would only fix the van if we paid them more money. So we decided not to and I took Greg up there at 5:00 to pick up the van. After we dropped him off, I asked my kids to join me in prayer, praying for the outcome of the situation, that Greg and I would get over our anger and let God be the Righteous Judge that He is and let Him judge what these people were trying to do - that we would get over it. Imagine my shock when Greg walked in the door a few minutes later and told me that he left the van there - they were fixing it!!! Seriously?? Less than an hour ago, there was no way and here and now, they "found" a recall on this very part. How we started praising God. How Greg looked at me in awe because he KNEW that there was no other way that this could have changed so dramatically, so quickly - there was NO WAY it was anything but God's hand. I have been thinking a lot about prayer. I have also been reading a lot (with the editing I am doing) and it has been on faith and prayer recently. Prayer "frees up God" (as if He needs freeing) to work the unimaginable in our lives. You know how it says mountains will be moved in the Bible? That won't happen unless someone prays it and believes it. Yes, I do believe that this is true in the literal sense. I also believe that it is true in the figurative sense. How can we expect miracles from God unless we believe prior to them? God gives us these amazing glimpses of the unfathomable power He has and sometimes (a lot of time, I am sad to say) we totally miss what He is doing for us. God loves us so much and cares about EVERY SINGLE thing!!! There is nothing that He doesn't care about. You know that thing that you think about but don't think it is important enough to take to God? HE CARES!! Do you think that there are so many more people with REAL concerns, and yours is so trivial compared to theirs? God thinks yours is so important, it is as if it were the only concern in the world. God loves us so much and wants what is best for us always. Remember that God's best is not always what the world would tell you is best. Don't get caught in that lie. We need to be praying His best for ourselves and others ALL THE TIME!! We need to stand in the gap for those who ignore God, disregard God, laugh at God, don't think they need God......they need Him more than ever. But that doesn't mean He loves us or cares about us any less.

I love when God shows me stuff. Reading back through my blog, I can see all the times He does something like this because I go into a long dissertation on how great God is. I need to sing this every day - not just when I notice what God has done. Notice that I said notice? Because He is doing great things all the time and often, I get so caught up in the crap that I think is important and miss all the greatness He has for me. Oh sweet Lord, please help me! Help me to see like you do. Help me to have open eyes to what you are doing. Help me to have open eyes to see where you want me to go. Teach me Lord, to pray like I should. Teach me how to stay in constant close contact with You. I want you closer to me than my own breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment