Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Very Busy Day

Today was a busy day. First of all, we lost an hour of sleep. That would be enough, wouldn't it? But there's more. We got up and got ready for church, and by we, I mean, I got myself and 4 others ready. Then we went to church, where Greg and I were greeters. I am not entirely sure how he felt about it, but I loved it! I loved getting to see people's faces, warm their cold hands with a handshake, and welcome them to the Lord's house. After church, we raced home and threw down some pizza and salad. As we were finishing lunch, Tom arrived. I made him a salad and got him some lunch. We visited for about 10 minutes, before he gave me instructions on selling his van - BTW....anybody want to buy an impeccably clean Honda Odyssey? Then Greg had to run Tom to the airport, while we finished the naps here. Unfortunately, the naps had to be cut short because we had to leave for Jacob's basketball tournament. Carolyn and Al met us at the church to watch Jacob's game, which they lost....in overtime, thanks to one real bad decision on the coach's part. But hey, it is not about winning, right? Yeah, right. You believe that and I have some oceanfront property to sell you. Anyway, I know it is young ball and they are all learning, but come on, they are boys and they want to win. They need a coach to make some good decisions for them come crunch time. Oh well. Maybe next year. But no more female coaches, that is all I am going to say. After the game I traded with Greg and he took 3 kids home, while I took Grace to Costco for a return then to her Brownies rollerskating party. After 2 hours at Rollerama, I was ready to be home. As soon as I got home, I finished making the dinners I am delivering tomorrow. I have just finished putting the kids to bed and now I sit. With Greg telling me to go to a different room because he wants to sit in the dark. I guess I will just go to bed them. On to tomorrow.....be the GREAT Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment