Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Confessions of a Sugar Addict

So....I gave up sugar for the month of March. Not because of Lent, like everyone else, but because I was feeling sluggish and tired and wanted to see if getting rid of "junk" would help. And it did. But.....last night (the night of March 29 - only 2 days before the end of the month) I decided to have cake and ice cream....right before bed. Bad choice. Very bad. Thankfully, it did not hinder my sleep, that is, until this morning. I woke from a terrible dream about Greg's job, wherein his boss had rigged Jadyn's braided hair with a camera to tape everything I did. Then Greg was being punished for that. Horrible. The interesting part was because I could not go back to sleep I came out to read my Bible and ODB. The Scripture comes from 1 Samuel 12:19-25, and talks about how the people of Israel wanted and demanded a king despite Samuel's warnings. God allowed them to have their way and once they realized the error of that way, they pleaded with Samuel to pray for them. '"Do not be afraid," Samuel replied. "You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart." (vs 20) Those words belonging to Samuel and directed to the people of Israel long ago, were used specifically this morning to minister to my heart. I sinned......not really against God because my vow of sugar was not a vow to God (although I think I treated it that way), but in my heart I felt it was. I was upset at my lack of control, ashamed that only 2 days before the end I blew it, had a bad dream and a terrible headache. But Samuel continues and tells the people of Israel words that God used to mend my broken heart. "But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you." (vs 24) And, oh......what great things He HAS done for me!!!!! I am blessed beyond measure, completely undeserving and utterly grateful. My Heavenly Father loves me and I know it. He gently tended to me this morning...slight rebuke, lots of forgiveness and amazing encouragement. Who wouldn't want to live this way? Loved, tended, fixed, forgiven. That my friends is the REAL confession of this addict. My LORD and Savior is ALL I NEED. He is EVERYTHING! Praise You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment