Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Librarians

Have you ever looked at a librarian? Recently, I took an inventory of our library's current librarians and I noticed something. They ALL look the same. Even the young ones. Seriously. I was not, and am not, trying to "stereotype". They did it for me. The thing that makes me laugh the most is the glasses. The reason it makes me laugh is that yesterday as we were driving in the car, I looked back at my girls, who were playing "library". They told me they were taking turns being the librarian. Whoever got to be the librarian had a pair of wire-rimmed sunglasses and wore them half-way down their nose. And they both did that. I was laughing so hard that I almost peed my pants.

Interestingly, I had to talk to the school librarian today about a book Grace had checked out. Guess what she looked like? Young, long blonde hair, flashier clothing and a huge diamond ring. Not your typical librarian, at least according to my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment