Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Locked Out

This morning I was getting ready to go with my friend to Costco and I stepped out into the garage to get my shoes and Grant slammed and LOCKED the door behind me. He locked it with the dead bolt. The first thing I did was pray. Then I was trying to get him to unlock it, but as I kept saying "unlock it", he kept locking and un-locking the lock on the handle. Try telling a 2 year old to turn the "thingy" on the handle to the up and down position. He doesn't know what a "thingy" is, or what a handle is or even what up and down are. Come on. At the moment I was going to lose my mind, my friend pulled into the driveway. Not a moment too soon. I am much better in stressful situations when there is another person there with me. She came to the door and was sweetly telling Grant if he unlocked the door we would buy him some candy. What?!? I was thinking about how I could break the door down. Thinking about going to either of my neighbor's houses, who are police, and trying to explain to them that my 2 year old was locked in the house alone. Oh yeah....my cell phone was also in the house with Grant. Finally, it dawned on me to go to the back sliding glass door, where Grant could at least see me. I got to the back door and banged on the glass, calling his name, and Grant turned from the garage door and started to run towards my bedroom. NOOOOOOO!!! Come back...I banged even louder. Finally, he came over to the door, where I coached him on opening it. Thankfully, he could see me to see exactly what I was talking about. I was in. But I was so shaken. It took almost an hour for me to calm down. Grandma asked if Grant got spanked. I said no, if I would have spanked him I probably would have killed him I was so worked up. It was just best for me to hold him and praise the Lord that I was able to get in without any incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment