Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dinner at Chez Pawlak

I asked Jacob and Grace what they wanted for dinner and a fight broke out. I told them to forget it and I just picked. Jacob did not like it and stomped off, but then returned a few minutes later saying it would be OK, if he got to make dinner. That prompted Grace to want to cook too. With Jadyn being sick and wanting me to hold her, this was more than ideal for me. So they started with washing and dicing peppers. Then Grace made an alfredo sauce (from a jar), doctored up with chicken, bacon, peppers and garlic, and also made the salad. Jacob made the linguine, set the table (complete with candles) and made the menu. The plan was when Greg got home, Grace would show him the menu, let him pick his dinner (we also had a red sauce for those who did not care for white sauce or peppers), and then Jacob would be the "waitress". I had to explain to him that a waitress was a girl and a waiter was a boy. He quickly changed his title to waiter. They also did the dishes and helped me make Amish Cinnamon Bread. They were very busy beavers and did an amazing job! It was neat to watch them work, and to see how they are, in fact, growing up. Shhhhhhhh! Don't say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment