Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Christmas Present (from Jacob - 2009)

Jacob got off the bus and was eager to talk to me. He had in his hands what looked like a ball of newspaper. Upon a closer look, I saw that the wad of newspaper was taped with masking tape. As he was attempting to unwrap it, he was telling me that this was MY Christmas gift and we (meaning he) had to unwrap it now. I asked if I could wait until Christmas and was immediately turned down. Then I asked if we could at least wait until we got in the house (as it was 10 degrees outside) and shouldn't I unwrap it, as it is my gift? He agreed. Once inside, all bags, coats, hats and gloves dropped onto the floor, we (meaning I) unwrapped my gift. And this is what I saw......













Not exactly what every mom dreams of for Christmas, but it was made for me with love by my sweet son. I know what it looks like, but it is really a guy sitting on a chair, playing XBOX 360. Jacob also said he could be reading a book, but he liked the XBOX 360 better. Look hard, you'll see it. (NO PUN INTENDED)

1 comment:

  1. LOL... yes, I do see it, probably because I'm a mom too.

    ReplyDelete