Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Before Christmas

I am so proud! Tonight was "Sparks Store" at Awana, where the kids get to spend the "Awana Bucks" they have been working so hard to earn by memorizing Scripture. Jacob had somewhere over $60 and Grace had near $50. Prior to my kids coming in to shop, I was telling someone that I thought Grace would do OK and think of her siblings, but I was not too sure about Jacob - he may need some guidance. When they came in I decided to mind my own business. I mean, it was THEIR money. Jacob went first and he blew my mind away!!!! He thought of me first, huh??? Then he thought about his sisters, then his dad, then his brother and then himself. Oh my gosh, he so proved me wrong and I could not be prouder to say that I was wrong!!!! YAY Jacob! When Grace got her turn to shop there was less stuff to pick from (because she went last and because Jacob had so much money that he was able to buy almost everything for himself). The funny thing was she bought for me first - well it ended up being for Greg and me because there were no more "man" gifts. Guess what she got us? An angel water fountain. Can't wait to plug it in. It is hilarious. But in addition to them choosing the gifts for each other, they got to have them wrapped. So we were in the car on the way home and I so wish I had a video camera to tape what they were saying. "You are going to LOVE what I got you." "I got you 2 things from the $5 table." "Did you get me make-up? Well, I can't say yes and I can't say no." They told me that they wanted to open the gifts when we got home. I suggested that they wait for Christmas. They said, "We bought them with our own money and we want to give them to each other tonight." Can I argue with that logic? I mean they earned the money, they spent their money on gifts for each other and they wanted to give them to each other when they wanted. What's wrong with that? So we opened the presents tonight. They were so excited to GIVE the gifts to each other - more excited than to receive their own gifts. Oh my goodness, how my heart swells again to think about it. I am so very proud of my children and I am giving every bit of the glory to God!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment