Friday, December 11, 2009

I Serve an AMAZING God!

This is what is happening. I have been unhappy with the school Jacob and Grace are in since we started here. Not really thinking I had any options, I sat here miserable every time I thought about it. I have recently become accountability partners with a wonderful gal named Lori. I admitted to Lori that I get jealous anytime someone talks about their kids in Christian school (Lori's kids also go to Christian school). She told me to pray about it and do some research and see what direction God is leading me. Well.....today I took her advice. Hold on, back up. I have been complaining to God (and everyone else) about the current school. I have told God that I am jealous of others and don't want to be, whether or not my kids are in Christian school. I never actually asked God about what I should do or for that matter told him the desires of my heart. So today I made the call. A wonderful lady named April answered the phone and told me she could answer any questions I had. I really didn't know what to ask. So she said she could tell me about the school, which she did. As she talked, questions came to my mind and she answered all of them. The more I talked to her the more excited I got. What threw me over the edge was the fact the she was not the receptionist that normally answers the phone. She just happened to be walking by and picked up the phone - and she is the director (and one of the founding members of the school)! O Praise God, who has His mighty hand in EVERYTHING! In His perfect providence, He had her answer my call. He is so great! By the end of the conversation, I told her I had goosebumps and was almost in tears. We set up an appointment for me to come look around the school, meet her and fill out an application. I am so thrilled I cannot even explain it! The very thought of my sweet children leaving the school I hate and moving to a place where studying the Bible is part of the core curriculum has me walking on the clouds. All praise to my Lord and Savior!!! As much as I want this, I have to remind myself to remain in God's will. If this is not part of His plan, then it should not be part of mine. But, OH, how I pray it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment