Sunday, December 13, 2009

Greg's Christmas Party

Tonight was Greg's work Christmas party. About 1 1/2 hours before we were to leave Jacob got a fever. I gave him some medicine and put him in bed to watch tv and rest for the night. I also gave him the phone and a paper with my cell phone number on it in case he got really sick, then he could call me and we would come home. Around 8:30 my cell phone rang and it was Jacob. I left the ballroom where the party was and asked Jacob if everything was ok. He said, "Mom, it is 8:31 and the girls are still up." I could not stop laughing. Thanks for the report, Jacob. Actually he was quite bothered by the fact that they were still up (we told the sitter they could stay up until 9) and he was in bed. Poor sick baby.

Also at the party both Greg and I sang karaoke. We both sang duets. The "boys" sang "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks and the "girls" sang "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston (not my choice but I thought I rocked it out - Greg told me otherwise). Too bad, we were all competing for $50, put up by the owner of the company. Since we left before the party was over, I don't think we won. Bummer - I sure could have used that money. It was a good night though - Greg was lively, as always. Every party needs that person to get things going and more often than not Greg is that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment