Monday, December 7, 2009

Ahhh......Monday Mornings with Grace

Sounds like a novel, doesn't it? Well, it could be. This Monday morning started like any of the others. Grace climbed into bed with me and told me that her belly was hurting, due to the fact that it was Monday. She just HATES leaving me and having to go to school. She didn't even want to talk about what the tooth fairy left for her last night. So the morning progressed with the normal complaining and whining about the sick tummy. I even told her that she may actually end up giving herself an ulcer from all the worry. Then the conversation drifted (no pun intended) to the snow that had just fallen. I was telling the kids that they were going to have to wear their boots to school. Grace then fell into the drama of wearing boots. "I can't wear boots to school. What about my tennis shoes? Do I put them in my bag? Where do I put my boots at school? When do I take them off? What if the other kids at the bus stop are not wearing boots?" Heaven help me.....this sweet angel girl is going to drive me nuts!!! Seriously, where does all this worry come from? I mean, I know I am a worrier, but this is crazy. I was in blow drying my hair when Grace walked into the bathroom. I must have mentioned something about the snow because she started crying (again) and said, "Don't even say that word. Just hearing the word s-n-o-w makes me sick. Ohhhh, do I have to go to school?" I got down on my knees and prayed with and over her and she said to me, "Mom, I pray all the time. I don't think God is listening to me because my stomach always stays sick." I asked if she was truly trusting that God will take away her worry and sickness, because everytime I talk to her she is dwelling in her misery. So we prayed again that God would help her to trust that He is bigger than her worry. I do so hope that her day was better today. She was not crying at the bus stop and (thank goodness) another girl was wearing boots. I even told that girl thank you because she saved me from another round of you-know-what. But prior to the bus stop, I told Grace to eat her breakfast, to which she replied, "I cannot eat Mom. My stomach is already sick and thinking about food makes me even sicker." If you think I am making one word of this up - I AM NOT! I was thinking this morning that she may need counseling. I love that she loves me so much and wants to be around me but I hate that she is so miserable and I cannot control it. Please Lord, help my precious drama queen. She is such a special treasure and a wonderful blessing and I am terribly proud to be her momma. I have a lot I can learn from her, but she needs to learn some trust (from me?). Maybe she needs to see me trusting in the Lord more instead of relying on myself, so that she can know that God is reliable and trustworthy - so much more so than her flawed mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment