Friday, February 6, 2009

So it appears to have worked..so the real reason for this blog is to keep a record for my children (Jacob, Grace, Jadyn and Grant) of all the wonderful things God has done in their lives. Whether it involves certain ones or our collective family or just something I felt important..it will (hopefully) be recorded here.

Right now our family is in the throws of possibily relocating. We currently live in Howell, Michigan and Greg's (the Dad) job is relocating to McAllen, Texas or Reynosa, Mexico, depending on the whim of his company. As such Greg has been looking for a job somewhere closer to here than Texas. Yesterday, after 2 1/2 months of interviews, discussions and waiting, Greg received an offer from a company (with great potential) in Bloomington, Illinois. We (Greg, Grant and I) travelled there this past weekend to look around and for me to meet the president of the company. Everything looked great! If we had to leave "home" and go somewhere else, that would be the place. It is a neat town snuggled in the middle of a huge cornfield. Anyway, the offer was signifcantly less than we expected, so we are trying to negotiate something better and praying that we do not lose this opportunity.

We are trusting that God is in complete control and has a perfect plan for us. We do not know what that is but are praying for wisdom to make choices that align with His plan. This is so totally scary and yet completely exciting! Yesterday when I was freaking out (for the first time since 11/5/08) about this I prayed, basically laying it all out there for God. Obviously He already knows, but I needed to just tell Him what I was looking for. And after 4 days of waiting for this offer, it came. Praise you Jesus! Also, each morning before Jacob and Grace go to school, I read to them from the Bible. I can't remember how we got to the passage that we did (usually I let one of them open the Bible and pick where we read from), but we read Psalm 40. My kids weren't understanding why as I read, I was crying. Here are excerpts from that Psalm...
1. I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
4. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust...
5. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
8. I desire to do your will, O God; your law is withing my heart.
10. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.
13. Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.

I feel so blessed to have God working so mightily in my life. He has brought us through some crazy times in the last year, but it has been AWESOME to know for a fact that He has been there through them all.

Keep checking back for updates to this relocation story.

2 comments:

  1. Keep trusting in Him and He will always provide. Your faith is an inspiration-I've told you that before. Continually praying for you and your family! Lots of love,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey woman! I finally got around to checking this out. It's fantastic. I love it. I even found Julie's through yours, mostly since I wasn't sure what I was doing.
    Anyway, when's moving day? I've been to Bloomington and stayed for a weekend. There's a cool hotel called the Clock Tower Inn. Lots of family fun memories there for me.

    ReplyDelete