Friday, February 20, 2009

Bonkers????? In This House - YES!!

What is going on with my kids?????

Jacob, every once in a while, becomes obsessed about some part of his body and it "not working correctly". Today he was very concerned that his back did not feel like mine. Well???? Why the heck should it? I have WAY more backfat than he does, for sure. Other body issues he has been concerned about are:
- the way his ears bend
- how squishy his cheeks are
- how his fingers bend
- and on one very special occasion he thought that his spine, when he bent over, was turning him into a dinosaur (a stegosaurus, I believe)

Grace had a serious melt down at bath time tonight. She wanted to go to the bathroom in the kids bathroom (where the baths were taking place) and Greg wanted her to go in our bathroom. She "freaked" out on him. I just stood there looking at him, waiting to see how he would handle it and watching HER work him over. She knows she can get away with way more with him than she can with me. When I just said her name, she stopped screaming and writhing and listened to what she had to do. BTW - no I am not a super-parent (although Greg did tell me 2 days ago that I am "supermom"), I just have a low tolerance for bad behavior and my kids know it. Greg....does not. Still love him though - oh yeah!

Jadyn....Jadyn....Jadyn. Oh what a girl. So sweet one minute, so sassy the next. Her newest thing is...she will be playing with Grant quite nicely. Then for no apparent reason she will haul off and smack him in the head with whatever toy is closest, only to immediately follow that up with "It's OK Grant. I know baby...it's OK." What the heck? She clobbers him so that she can console him. Again, she is going to make sure she is not misplaced in the shuffle.

Grant did not go to bed very well tonight. Normally he is a very easy baby. Not tonight though. He was bathed, he was changed, he was fed and he was tired. I put him to bed and he did nothing short of scream bloody murder!

All this to say...I am wiped out and heading for ice cream, but I am so glad to be this way. I love these kids with everything I have and am so blessed to be their mom and would want things NO OTHER WAY!!!

Good night.......

No comments:

Post a Comment