Monday, January 30, 2012

More on Gideon

You will probably be sick of this by the time this house process is over, but......

This morning I read that the LORD was going to deliver the Midianites into the hands of Gideon and only 300 men! But not only did God tell Gideon this, he also told him that if he, Gideon, was scared he should go down to the camp of the Midianites and what he would hear would encourage him. So Gideon went. Know what that means? He was scared! So am I. When Gideon went, he heard (I'm paraphrasing) that the Midianites would be handed over to Gideon. He praised the LORD and went back - encouraged.

I know that God hears my prayers. I know that God knows the desires of my heart. It is no secret. I know He has a plan. I just need some encouragement. Encouragement to forge ahead. God speaks - I know firsthand. I want to hear His voice. Speak Lord, I am listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment