Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Here I go like Gideon again. Was reading this morning about how after he conquered all his enemies, he took one earring from each person from the plunder and made an ephod. He did it to commemorate the victory (that God gave him - with 300 men against 135,000 men) over his enemies. However, the memorial was quickly turned into an idol of worship - instead of worshiping the true God.

So, I was thinking......is this what I am doing? Am I taking the victory (approval) and making an idol of the "ideal home"? Am I so focused on the end result that I miss the journey along the way? I sure feel that way. I have been praying that God's peace would descend upon me as we wait for His perfect timing and His perfect place. I keep getting tunnel vision, with my sights focused on "the house" and I know I am missing joy in the process. I know that sounds silly even as I type it, but it is so true. God loves me (and you). He wants me (and you) to trust Him with ALL the details of life. He can handle it. I mean, He DID create the entire world AND set it up to sustain us. He is so AWESOME.

Taking this thought a little further.....I keep getting frustrated. I get house listings emailed to me weekly. Sometimes they come daily. There have been numerous times that we have seen something, called to schedule an appointment only to be told an offer was already pending. AUGH! That is so frustrating. It does make me think (thankfully) that God has something better in store. And I am thankful! If I didn't trust that God was completely in control of this, I would lose my mind! I know if it is not meant to be, the door is going to close. My frustration comes from my human nature. I want to know! BUT I need to be still. Be still - and KNOW that He is God. Just be still, Michelle - Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment