Saturday, January 28, 2012

Feeling like Gideon

This morning I am feeling like Gideon. I was just reading about him in Judges and was reflecting on how I am like him. I have seen God bring me through countless things. I have even heard His voice. Yet, I still waiver. Why? Why am I so sinful in my faith? I KNOW that God is. I know that He is in control. I know that He has a plan. Why am I like this? I feel like I keep asking God for a sign. Despite seeing His goodness time after time, I still keep putting the wool out and asking.

We have received verbal approval of our mortgage. Which means we have started looking for houses. OK - a house. Yesterday we found 4 that we were interested in, only to find out that all 4 had offers pending. Talk about stressing me out. Then I remembered how faithful God has been and I stopped worrying. Then Greg was looking and talking and my stomach got all tied into knots again. Here I go again. I do not want to be like this. As I reflect back on EVERY place we have lived, God has provided. I have no doubt that He will continue to provide. I think it is more my desire to know what and when, rather than actually trusting that He will provide. Does that make sense?

LORD, I give You this entire process. From start to finish, it is completely in Your hands. I know You have a plan for us and I trust You completely. My human nature seems to get the better of me (too often) and I worry (or wonder) about EXACTLY what that plan is. Please forgive me for this. Please help me to rest in Your providential care. Please help me to eagerly await what You have in store for us. I love You, LORD!

On a completely unrelated note......my mom's car was broken into while she was at work last night. Early this morning, she called and called my dad to tell him and cancel the credit cards, but he slept through all 10 calls. Finally, she called me and asked me to go over and tell him. So I did and he was able to cancel the card. I am so thankful that I live close to my parents, so that I can help them in all situations. I am so blessed! Thank You, LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment