Friday, October 14, 2011

Thankfulness Abounds

I have so much to be thankful for. But if you have read one word I have said, I think you might already know that. But, I cannot express enough the greatness, faithfulness and love of my God. As I was sitting here paying bills last night, thinking we are never going to make it, worrying about how to pay all the bills.....I realized that every single month our bills are paid. Every. Single. Month. Period. God is so good to us. We could never earn this type of provision, this type of love. It is truly unbelievable. Greg makes less money than he has in years and yet, by the wonderful grace of God, we still eat, are clothed and housed and even do some fun things. I am certainly feeling content, despite the attempts to look at houses yesterday.

(As a footnote to this....a dear friend asked me yesterday if I was "forcing" contentment on the house front. I can easily and truthfully answer "no" to this. Clearly, I would like my own house, but I also realize that right where I am now is exactly where God has put me and when it is time for me (my family) to move from here, He will let us know.)

So, I looked at a house yesterday. Actually I looked at 3. Funny thing is, I was supposed to look at 7 - and 4 of them canceled! And....as if that was not enough, while I was at the first one, I received a call from the school that Grace was in the office with a migraine headache - the exact thing that happened the last time I was looking at houses during the day. I thought, OK LORD, do you really want me to stop looking at houses? I kind of figured yes. So I told Greg about the houses and he really couldn't talk and didn't really seem to care, but later in the day he called me and wanted me to schedule to see this one house - so he could see it. As I was in the process of scheduling it, I received an email with information on that house. The price had just dropped! OK, now what was I to think? Is this yes? Is this no? Is this proceed with caution? I am very confused. Greg seemed to like the house but if we were to do it it would have to be for much less than the asking price. So we will just see what materializes.

(I feel like my thought pattern is all over the place today - sorry.)

Another thing I have to be especially thankful for is.....my marriage. Greg said in church on Wednesday night that our moving to Illinois, even though it was difficult, was the best thing to happen to our marriage and our family. And I totally agree. Then yesterday I was talking with a friend who lives in our old subdivision and she was telling me about some people who were getting a divorce. The sad thing about this is that it is like divorce is spreading through that subdivision like a disease. There are so many couples that have gotten divorced or are in the process, since we left, it is scary. Yet, God had a plan for us. Am I saying that we would have ended up divorced is we stayed there? I don't know and honestly, I don't care. God took (OK ripped) us from there and planted us in an area with fresh (soybean processing smelling) air and allowed us to grow. Not only as a couple and as a family, but most importantly, in Him. I LOVE THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!! It is so cool to look back and see God's hand all over your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment