Saturday, October 15, 2011

Prayer ALWAYS Helps

Funny how that is, huh?

Tonight, I was putting the boys to bed......20 minutes early......because I was sick and freaking tired of their fighting. Also an interesting thing. My 9 year old and my 3 year old fighting. So, I was sitting on their beds and did not feel like singing to them. I did not feel like praying. I just wanted them to sleep and be quiet. Nevertheless, I prayed. First, telling God that I simply did not want to pray and that I was sick of them fighting. Then, I prayed for my own forgiveness, for being crabby and impatient and plain tired. As I prayed, I felt the irritation slipping away. Next, I prayed for forgiveness for the boys, for their fighting and crabbiness. Before I knew it, Grant was lying his head in my lap. Then he was climbing up me. How could I continue to be irritated and angry. These are MY boys and I love them so much. Yes, they can certainly irritate me. But, I know I can also irritate them. But, God has really given us an amazing relationship. I firmly believe this is because HE is the center of it.

The boys are in bed. The girls are reading to each other. Greg is sitting across from me reading something - out loud. It makes it VERY HARD for me to concentrate on what I am typing, so I will go before my irritation comes back with a vengeance. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment