Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lots to Update

I have so much to update. I think I need to be a bit more diligent. So this post will cover a couple of weeks and will, most definitely, not be in chronological order. But, I guess, you would never know.

A week ago, the 19 year old daughter of my parent's friends, died in a car accident. My heart has been breaking for them. I can't imagine, and don't want to. They have obviously been grieving, but what I didn't expect (and am not sure why I didn't) was how it would impact my own parents. It is as if their wounds from B.T. have been ripped wide open. Not only can the empathize with their friends and grieve with them, their own hearts are gushing blood again. I hate this. I hate how this hurts them.

My grandma went into the hospital and has been there a couple of weeks. They think she may have had a couple of strokes and she has fallen and broken a couple of bones in her back. The doctor says she really can't live alone anymore. My mom has been dealing with this too. Grandma does not want to give up her independence, but she really isn't independent anymore.

Greg went into the hospital this week. He had a terrible bout of diverticulitis and had to spend a night in the hospital, getting IV antibiotics. We REALLY have to change how he eats. I know this attack was brought on by poppy seed chicken and corn. Those are off the menu.

Jacob, Grace and Jadyn all had field trips within the last week. Jacob and Grace went to the pool, and Jadyn went to the cider mill. I guess I can put in the pics here.















Jadyn woke up one morning and came to my bedroom and told me that her "nose was all hogged." She meant clogged. I guess it was more funny to see her tell me than is comes across here.

I have made a new friend - and I am very happy about it. She is the mother of one of Grace's friends. Each time we talk, we seem to have more and more in common. The best thing? We have Jesus in common. Thank you LORD, for my new friend, Stephanie.

Oh.....I almost forgot one of the MOST exciting things that has happened to me recently. The night that Greg came home from the hospital (thank you, Papa) I went out to run some errands. One of them was to go to Target for a return. I really try to limit my trips to Target because I want a pair of Converse tennis shoes and Greg keeps telling me to wait until CHRISTmas. While I was there, I ran into my friend, Kristy - Kenton's (Jadyn's old boyfriend) mom. We have not seen each other in a while and stood there talking for about 30 minutes. I miss hanging out with her - she is now homeschooling. We keep talking about getting together for lunch, but never quite seem to make it happen. We really have to get on that. But...over the course of our conversation, I told her about why I limit my trips to Target. Fastforward to the next morning, and my kids were shouting that there was a present on the front porch. We all thought we were "boo-ed", because we are so close to Halloween. When I opened the door, I saw a card inside. I took it out and it said my name on it. Weird, I thought. Who would have left this? I opened the card and the sobbing began. It was from Kristy. And, it was a pair of Converse tennis shoes! What a sweetheart. The card said some very nice words about me - words that I really don't deserve. Words that can only be said of the good that comes from Christ. I did spend the entire morning crying. I was so overwhelmed by her generosity. And I was overwhelmed by the way God provided for me. I know this is such a small deal, but like I explained to Jacob.....how would you feel if someone left an Ipod Touch on the front porch? He said, " I would love it!" I told him that now he knew how I felt. Kristy is an amazing friend - and not because of the shoes. But what I love about this is how God worked it out. That still has me completely dumb-founded. I love my GOD so much! And, here again, not because of the shoes (although they are a nice bonus). He loves me so much. What matters to me matters to Him. It doesn't always mean I get what I want. Rather, it means, I get what gives Him glory. Praise His Holy Name!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment