Thursday, October 6, 2011

Carry One Another's Burdens

All I really want to do is rest. Ever have days like that? We are coming off the emotional roller coaster of mom's surgery, and we have hopped right back onto another TWO wild rides.

The first of which has to do with my own kiddos. There is some "stuff" going on around our school - our second home, if you will. There are some accusations and legal proceedings, of which I know nothing, taking place. What I do know is that the person being attacked is nothing if not professional and proper and kind. I am really appalled at what is going on. Now let me be the first to say.....I was not present at the above-mentioned incident. I do not know what, if anything, happened. Nor....at this point....do I care. What may or may not have happened in this situation, has ZERO impact on how this person performs her, yes she is a woman, job. In fact, I only recently learned about what is going on - and this has been going on since the beginning of summer. There has been absolutely no stutter in her step. She has consistently been present and done her job in a way that is absolutely professional. And....if that was not bad enough....some COWARD had the nerve to contact the "MEAP police" and "anonymously" tell them that our school - MY school - was cheating. Seriously? If you really thought there was something going and, and had proof of it, wouldn't you feel confident enough to leave your name? And wouldn't the first step be to go the person? Wait......that is in a world where people have common sense and know what is "right" to do. Sorry if I sound cynical, but this just really cheeses me off. I have nothing but respect for this person being accused. She is not only having herself dragged through the mud, but also her career and even her own family. That is W-R-O-N-G on so many levels. What is even more interesting (absolutely not....it is completely by the GRACE OF GOD), is that yesterday, when the "MEAP police" were present at school - checking to see if we were cheating (which is definitely a good thing, when it is warranted) - I happened to be there. Wednesday is my day to be at school, working for my kid's teachers. I knew something was up because there were all kinds of meetings going on. Around 3pm, I was asked if 2 of my kids would talk to the investigators. Because I feel confident that MY school is not hiding anything, I allowed my kids to talk. Of course, I was with them and so was another child and parent. What I did not like about the interview was the investigator trying to lead the kids on in what to say. Things like asking them how they "did" math. When the kids told them they did packets (like they have always done), the investigators were like, "tell us more about the packets. Where did they come from?" Oh, come on. Really? The kid knows that? I was very bothered about the whole incident. I came home and sent an email to the person, telling her I was so sorry this happened, and that we were behind her and we would be praying for her and her family. Which we will and are. Then, this morning as I was reading the Bible, I read Psalms 59, and I could not help but think of this person again. So, to the computer I ran again and sent her another email - attempting to encourage her from here. I took my kids to school and came back home. As soon as I walked into the house, I noticed that Jacob had left his snack. Being the dutiful mom that I am, I drove back up to the school with it. Secretly, I also hoped to talk to this person. Again, by THE GRACE OF GOD, I was able to spend a few minutes talking with her. My purpose was to let her know we were standing behind her, and that we were praying for her, and to remind her that truth always wins. What I really wanted to say and didn't was......God always wins!!!! Praise His NAME!!!

I am carrying a burden for this woman. We are not what I would consider "friends", although she seems to be the kind of person I would be friends with. I care deeply for her. She has a tremendous impact on my children and this cannot be trusted to just anyone. I pray that God's will will be done in this situation and that all the kid's at MY school will come out of this unharmed. This includes hers.

LORD, please strengthen and encourage this woman. Let her know that YOU are "our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1) Help her to rely, not on her own understanding, but solely on YOU - the Creator of All that Is. Praise You forever!

The second ride has to do with the grand-daughter of a friend. She left home to live with her grandma. Her grandma gave until there was no more to give and the girl finally ran from there. She ended up in the U.P., and apparently since then got married and pregnant. 3 days ago and 16 weeks early, she gave birth to a little boy (Tanner) who weighs 1 lb 6 oz. The pictures of this precious baby are heart-wrenching. What is worse.....to think of the life this sweet baby may have. If, and that is a huge if, he does not have physical problems from being born so early, he has the ridiculous challenge of being raised by someone who is hardly more than a child herself. With age having nothing to do with it, this precious girl was never really parented herself, so she can't possibly have any idea of where to start. Now, I know this sounds really rotten. And I know it is. But I also know it is the truth. But.....what I also know is that we serve the One Who Overcame. God sent His Son to overcome death, to overcome sin......believe me when I say, God most certainly can overcome this possible perpetual circle of un-parenting. I remember sitting at my kitchen table with this girl, trying to set up a schedule for her for when she went to college. Trying to help her get through college successfully. We were all so happy that she graduated high school, and she felt like no believed in her.....that she could do college. She was determined to prove them all wrong. THAT is why this is so sad. She did EXACTLY as people thought she would. It was like as soon as she got there, she just gave up. Told herself she couldn't do anything more. Believed the lies of the devil. She absolutely could have done so much. Now...she HAS to. There is no time more important for her to grow up and prove everybody wrong, than there is right now. She has this precious new life, hanging in the balance, to care for. She NEEDS to grown up FAST. She needs to be the momma. Tanner needs her - badly!

Jesus, sweet Jesus, PLEASE help this girl realize how important this time is in her life. Please help her grow up. Please remove the scales of past failures from her eyes and help her to see the possibilities of this new future. Jesus, please protect that baby, however you must. I pray for strong lungs and heart, strong brain waves, and a vibrant will to survive for that precious child.

"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment