Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh How I Wish It Were An April Fool's Joke!

So I got up this morning and put my jeans on backwards (no easy feat for sure) and put on one of Greg's shirts backwards. I put my hair in some funky ponytails and went to get my kids ready for school. Grace (as expected) thought it was funny. Jacob, on the other hand, looked at me and said "Go change. You can't wear THAT outside." I mean come on...it's April Fool's Day - aren't I supposed to play the part of a fool? I should also add that all the kids laid out their clothes for today last night. Grace (and Jadyn because she copies EVERYTHING Grace does) had jeans, a PJ top, a bathing suit to wear over her pants and top, mismatched socks and shoes. Jacob was going to wear his soccer shirt and shorts OVER his clothes. When it came time to get dressed Jacob decided he would just wear jeans and a sweatshirt (and be normal).

Then....as we were walking to the bus stop, Jacob came running back to me (I was at the back of the line) and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I asked him what that was for. He said "That's it. Don't kiss me at the bus stop." Huh???? What happened to my BABY??? Ok, yes he is going to be 7 in 19 days, but still....you have to kiss your mom at the bus stop, don't you???

How sad that was for me. I am officially embarrassing. I never thought it would happen.

Later this afternoon, I was cleaning and decided to throw away this red velvet candy box with gold foil dividers in it that Grandpa brought over for Grace to "put her jewelty in". When Jadyn woke up from her nap, she went to the kitchen (as usual) and happened to peek into the garbage (also as usual - not sure what she is looking for but she looks). When she saw the box in the garbage she said "Me sister box" [translation: my sister's box] "No garby don't ever ever me Gracie box" [translation: don't EVER throw my Grace's box in the garbage EVER] Yes...2 ever's. As if Jacob wasn't enough of a junk collector for our family, we had to add Jadyn to the list. Maybe they are just trying to save me money? You think? Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment