Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bloomington

So...we have spent the last 4 days in Greg's 400 square foot apartment. Yes, you heard me correctly - 400 sq feet!

We had a beautiful day Saturday - 62 and sunny. We went to the park and the zoo and hung out outside, looked at some houses, went to another park....it was great! Sunday we checked out a Bible church in the area...we will see. Then we looked at another house on 1.5 acres...5 bedrooms, 4 baths and a corn crib! Oh yeah baby! Anyway....then we went to Chuck E Cheese (with everyone else who has a child in Bloomington). Fun, yet expensive...but the kids enjoyed it. When we walked outside it was a monsoon. So home we came to nap and watch movies. I took a 2 hour nap through a thunderstorm - how dreamy!

Unfortunately, the rain then turned to snow for the first day that I was here and Greg had to go back to work. Great. The kids and I in the 400 sq ft apartment and snow outside. So we journeyed to the mall, where they asked for everything, I gave them nothing and all was fine. Actually, I did buy them a cookie from Mrs. Fields and some sunglasses (but to them that was really nothing - how rude!) I did get my eyebrows *threaded* by an Asian lady in the middle of the mall and her husband (?) gave me a 10 minute massage. All in all, it was fine for me.

Lunched at Popeyes always wanted to try it - won't ever go back) and dinnered at Lonestar (where thanks to Greg's amazing negotiating skills - the kids all ate free - even though kids night is Tues not Mon ~ GO GREG!) After lunch we came back for some napping. While 2 napped, I had to entertain the other 2. I didn't want them to watch TV all day so we decided to play hide-n-seek. Not an easy feat in this small of a space! But it was actually fun. They are small enough to hide in the cupboards, so we exhausted each one and then some.

Then at 8 pm (9 pm hometime) Greg took Jacob and Grace bowling - come on....they came back wired. Then Grace threw up. Then we went to bed. Next morning - MORE hide-n-seek! Can you believe it? I think we have a winner here! Jadyn even let me hide her on top of the stackable washer and dryer - with the door closed! She would have stumped Jacob if she could have only kept her mouth shut. Yeah, right. Jadyn even took her goldfish snack into the cupboard to

As I type, I still need to dry my hair and am looking through a thick cloud of smoke (from the sausage I cooked, OK burned) waiting for Greg to get home. Won't he be proud that I am already packed? Hopefully he doesn't take it the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment