Monday, April 13, 2009

The Most Unlikely Character

Funny, isn't it? I mean, the way God uses the most unlikely of people to do His work.

Greg called me this morning and was talking to me about how hard it is to be away and how he doesn't understand when people are "excited" about being away from their spouse. He misses my cold feet on him when I come to bed and praying with me in the morning.

When Greg walked into work this morning, one of the guys who works there said, "He is Risen", to which Greg replied, "Yes, He is Risen indeed". Praise the Lord for a Christian man in Greg's workplace! The conversation continued with this gentleman quoting the following scripture:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7

The man told Greg to read that today. Greg asked him why and the man said that he remembered seeing Greg's family when we were there and he thought Greg would need a little encouragement. Isn't God good?

Oh yeah, the reason for the *unlikely* part. This guy looks like he could be on tour with ZZ Top. I love when scripture flows from the mouths of unlikely (looking) people like this. I love this man for his love of Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment