Monday, April 13, 2020

3/29/2020 - Day 17 in Quarantine

So, at first I panicked. Then I decided this would be a nice break. But now for the last couple of days, I’ve been melancholy. Just meh. God is speaking. My question is...am I listening? I think so. For the first time - in forever maybe - I am at peace. I’m not stressed about where to be and what to do. I’m not worrying about the future and what needs to be done to get there. I know God has provided and He will continue. I am IN NO WAY minimizing what is taking place, rather I am trying to find my place in all this. Being still is not my jam. I thrive in chaos. I am NOT a solitary person and this lack of connection is taking its toll. I have walked and exercised. I have read, watched TV and played games. I have baked and I have eaten - for the love of Pete - I have eaten. I’ve done projects and I’ve done nothing. I want to go back to work and interact with people. But for now I cherish the memories that are being made in this household right now. My kids are really playing together. They are talking and they are listening (most of the time). For sure there is bickering, some swear words and video games. But right now we have time. Lots and lots of time. And for that I am grateful.

On a side note....I curled my hair and put a headband on to cover the grey - now I’m a “try hard”? Oh come on......

No comments:

Post a Comment