Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Hermit Crab Saga

So, night number one of having the hermit crab was a nightmare. As I was putting Jacob to bed, Grace appeared and said that her stomach hurt. I went and laid with her, and as we talked I found out what was causing the problem. She was so worried that her hermit crab would die. She was MORE than hysterical. I have seen her be very dramatic, but this was far beyond anything she had ever done.

"I know that I have only had him for 5 hours, but I love him so much." Then she started shaking and could not lay in bed. She jumped up and started pacing the hallway. I explained to her that everything that lives, eventually dies, but that she really did not have to worry about this. We were doing what we were supposed to do to take care of him. Plus, I reminded her that worry was a sin. She relaxed enough to tell me that "it's not like he was my sister or anything."

Suffice it to say, we finally calmed her down and she went to bed. Then I went down to check emails, and found a message from a friend that has hermit crabs. The message said that the fastest way for a hermit crab to die was to be alone. Fab-u-lous. Guess where I went the next day? Yep. To the pet store to get a friend for Boss. We now have 2, yes 2, hermit crabs. Boss's new friend is named Spike.

No comments:

Post a Comment