Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bike Ride

This morning I took all 4 kids on a bike ride. We took the 5K route that Grace and I ran to practice for GOTR. Jacob, Grace and Jadyn were all on their own bikes and Grant was in the trailer behind me. I loved watching the bigger kids go on ahead, while Jadyn stayed back with me. But what was even better was every time a car came our direction, Jacob or Grace (they took turns) would yell back to us, "Car!" Jacob was yelling at Jadyn every time she would get any nearer to the road than he was comfortable with. I so love these kids. Even though they think their younger siblings are annoying, they still love them and care about them. It was even a GREAT to watch Jacob and Grace getting along together, riding together, working together to make sure their siblings were safe. I love my kids - have I told you that lately? I was also surprised at how great Jadyn did. She had to pedal twice as much as the rest of us. There were tears, but she made it. I don't think she will be too interested in doing it again for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment