Friday, March 5, 2010

Jacob and Grace

I was waiting at the bus stop yesterday when a lady (who never gets out of her car) got out of her car and walked up to me. This is what she said:

"Your little boy is so cute! I work in the library with Mr. Bohne and your son is the best child in that class. He always raises his hand and asks me for help whenever he needs it. He is really the nicest boy in that class."

Interesting....because at first I thought she was talking about Grant, who for the first time since fall came with me to the bus stop that morning. But when she got to the part about school, it dawned on me. But I laughed (to myself) at the little boy comment because, comparatively speaking, Jacob is anything but little. I mean, he will always be my little boy, but you know. Of course, when he got in the house (because I am not allowed to love on him outside) I was all over him and made sure he knew how proud I was that he was so well behaved and that someone else noticed and told me. If you know Jacob, you know the smirk he got and how he tried not to smile. Man, I love that boy!

This morning Grace was laying in bed with me and I mentioned that I heard a "puddle jumper" getting ready to take off. We live right next to an airport, so I am becoming a pseudo expert on the sounds certain planes have when they are taking off. So Grace says to me, "Mom, what is a pumper-junker?" I don' think her ears were quite awake yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment