Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just Some Things About My Kids

Jacob ~ Jacob has new tennis shoes. They are white. He wears them at school, but not to and from school and definitely not on recess. Yesterday he wore them for the whole day. We went to church and his class took a walk to the sunken garden. Suffice it to say, his shoes got dirty. This morning when I went to wake him up he told me that he snuck downstairs to clean his shoes. That's his father's boy!

Grace ~ The other day at recess I noticed a girl sitting alone. She is a girl that is bossy and not a lot of kids like her because of that. Shortly after that, I saw Grace run across the playground and talk to that girl. She invited her over to where she was with her friends and the girl went. A few minutes later Grace and the girl came over to me to tell me that Grace's friends were being mean to the girl, telling her to "get away" from them. I ended up having a talk with both sets of girls, but I was very proud of Grace for befriending the "unfriendly" and for sticking up for her when others were mean to her. Good girl, Grace!

Jadyn ~ Yesterday on the way to school, Jadyn asked me if she could invite her teacher to her birthday party. I told her sure she could ask, but don't be surprised if she says no. When I saw Jadyn at lunch, the first thing she told me was that her teacher said yes! Jadyn just had to remind her and she would come. Who wouldn't want to come to a pool party? Especially one for someone as cute as Jadyn.

Grant ~ This morning I went and laid in bed with Grant. He had a sheet covering him. He said "Pull the covers off me." I said that he should try again, meaning there was a better way to ask. He said, " Would you please pull the covers off me?" So I did. Know what I found? He was naked from the waist down and he wanted me to see. He laughed so hard, thought he was hilarious. Seriously, where does this kid get this from. Must be another daddy's boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment