Monday, March 19, 2012

Ahhhh.....Football

This weekend we signed Jacob up for football. Football is intense. The practices, the games, the parents. I am not sure I am ready, but Jacob is totally gung-ho. So, Saturday morning Greg and Jacob were up and ready to be at sign-ups first thing. When they came home, Jacob was wearing a new "football" t-shirt and smiling ear to ear. (OH - I forgot part of the story. Prior to all this, some parents from Jacob's basketball team had been REALLY trying to get us to sign up. In fact, they even talked about taking up a collection to pay for Grace to sign up to cheerlead, thus ensuring that Jacob would be on their team. Oh boy.) So back to Saturday.....shortly after noon Greg received a phone call. He didn't get it, but when he checked the voicemail, he found that a mom from the basketball team was calling to "gently" remind us that football sign-ups were that day. There was still time. I giggled, then called her back to let her know we has already signed up. She was VERY happy. Fast-forward to yesterday. We showed up at Jacob's basketball game and as soon as we walked in the coach's wife came up to me and said "So?" I told her yes we signed up. She promptly went over and told her son, who then told another boy on the team. Between these two boys, an argument ensued over whose team Jacob was going to be on. One said "I get him!" The other said, No, he's on our team!" Boy, I hope he can live up to all this pressure. Then came the basketball game. I think the switch in Jacob's brain flipped from basketball to football too soon (never mind that we have to get through baseball first). He was body checking guys, dropping his shoulder on blocks, doing running picks and swiping at the basketball. I think he forgot he was playing basketball. He was the MOST intense I have seen him. I loved it! I think Jacob is VERY excited for football. I am certain he is not the only one. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment