Monday, January 3, 2011

My "First" Day of 2011

Since the first 2 days of the year were the weekend, I decided my new year needed to start today. Nothing drastic, just:

-more intentional time with God (waking up at 5am)
-exercising at 6am
-being ready to start the day BEFORE my kids get up (by 730am)
-being a submissive wife (oh this is going to be hard)
-being a kinder, more compassionate, intentional mom
-doing all of this not on my own strength (because I cannot do it), but allowing God to work in me in such a way that this is easily accomplished

So, nothing, right? Actually, with God, this is going to be awesome. In fact, it already has. My Heavenly Father woke me this morning at 430am, and I lingered in bed (warm and comfy) until the "scheduled" 5am. I spent an amazing hour with my Lord (not even watching the clock), praying and seeking His help, strength and wisdom. Lifting up my family and friends. Loving on Him, as he so rightly deserves. Then at 6am, I made coffee for Greg (and me) then hopped on the elliptical. Did 30 minutes there and was anticipating a Zumba class at 630am, which was overridden by a Cindy Crawford infomercial. I was sad, but I know God knew better. I need to start slow and work up. I want to keep it up, not peter out. I love that He knows what is better for me, even when it is not what I want. Showered, dressed, ate and read more Scripture before the kids got up. And when they did get up, it was peace. I mean really peace. No screaming, no crying, no fighting. In fact, Jacob even made breakfast for everyone while I did the girls' hair. And when Grace came into the kitchen he walked up to her, put his hand gently on her back and led her to the meal he prepared for her. It was the coolest thing. Praise You, Lord. (Sounding like a broken record again, but I just love it more than anything when I see my kids getting along and thinking of each other before themselves - this is my mother's joy) We all sat down together and while they ate, I read from the Keys for Kids, then each of them took turns praying for their days (and each other - woo hoo!!!!) Everyone was ready for school BEFORE the appropriate time and we left without incident. After I dropped everyone off, Grant and I went to Meijer for a return and to grab a couple of things. I got home, started prepping for dinner and now as I sit here I have dinner almost ready for tonight and a meal for later in the week almost ready. And, if you know me, you know that this is huge. I so do not like to cook, but when I have a plan (I meal planned for the next 2 weeks) it makes it so much easier. My kids are napping, the laundry is almost finished and I love how God has laid this out for me. I have had such a great morning. Praise Him, for all of it.

I know I have set some pretty lofty goals for myself. But I also have a God/Father/cheerleader/trainer/friend who is going to bring me through this. Some days I may be dragged, other days I may skip right along, but one thing is for sure......I will not go at this alone. My God will be with me the whole time. If God is for me, who can be against me? I m excited for the turnout of this. Not sure how it will look, but I am excited nonetheless.

I am also excited to see that I have a purpose. OK, it's not like I didn't really think I had one, but you know, we often wonder what we are supposed to be doing. I still am not exactly sure, but I can sense that God is using my past experiences to reach out to other hurting people. Things like that make you glad that you went through something (and that it is behind you). I believe that God has more in store for us.... not even sure what I mean by that, but I know He does.

I better go. I think I am rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment