Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Last Week of 2010

Christmas this year was very nice. I know I must have blocked out some rough moments, but it was so relaxing and pretty much stress-free. Christmas Eve was at Greg's sister's house. Christmas Day my mom and dad came over in the morning and we just relaxed the morning away. Later in the afternoon, we went to my parent's friend's house for dinner. Then the day after Christmas was spent with my family at my mom and dad's house. Monday was the movies - took the kiddos to see Yogi Bear. Super funny and cute movie, and I loved listening to my kids laugh out loud. Tuesday was craft day at the library. Today was Girl Scout bowling, a sledding playdate, sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and finished up with family movie night at the library - Toy Story 3. Lots of fun! Tomorrow is dentist appointments in the morning, rollerskating in the afternoon and date night for Greg and I - kids get to sleepover at G & G's house. New Year's Eve is going to be at home (for the first time in a long time) - Home Alone movie marathon, pizza, cocktail wienies and punch. I love my family. I am so blessed to get to spend the time I do with each of them.

Some highlights from today:

While at the bowling alley, we were waiting to get shoes and Jacob took out the quarters he had brought. Jacob has been collecting quarters because he wants to be able to buy "squishies" whenever he sees them. So he took out his baggie-o-quarters and started putting them into one of those cardboard things that have slots to put quarters in. It was to collect money for a girl named Nina who has cancer. He said "I am going to help find a cure for cancer." It took every ounce of strength I had not to break down right there. I was a very proud momma - still am. And I tell him (and everyone else who will listen) about it every chance I get. It is so awesome to see such great character traits in your kids. Such an amazing reward for all the times I feel like nothing is getting through to them. So proud of you, Jacob!

Later, while at G & G's house, Grace and Jadyn were playing a game where Jadyn was the rich lady and Grace was her maid. Jadyn wanted Grace to come out to the porch and meet her husband and her boyfriend. I heard them talking and I said "You can't have a husband AND a boyfriend." Grace said to me, "It's OK, Mom. She's rich. She can afford it." Awesome. Not exactly what I am trying to teach here, but close. OK, not really, but super funny. I wonder what goes through their minds. I love those kids!

Grant is on Day 2 of wearing big boy underwear. He is doing awesome with pee. No wet pants. But yesterday, he was able to sneak off to the laundry room and poop in his new underwear. Dang it. Oh well, we can't have it all. But, boy oh boy, am I ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment