Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Outcast

Today's "Daily Bread" reading for me was entitled "The Outcast", with Scripture taken from James 2:1-9. It was talking about showing partiality to those who are poor, "less-than" or not like us. What is interesting to me is that we got a call today from the mother of a girl in Grace's class. This girl is somewhat of an outcast. She is different, really different from most of the other girls. And to be totally honest, I never even really thought about Grace reaching out to her as a friend. I always thought she was a little weird. Well, I asked Grace if she wanted this girl to come over and she answered, "She is nice. Yes - I want her to come over." So, I called and talked to the dad and he said he would bring his little girl over. When I answered the door, I was surprised to see a guy I went to high school with (who was also very different and unpopular). Then, I sat down and read this devotion from OBD. I think the Lord was really talking to me about judging others. The neat thing? Well, there are a couple of them. First, Grace is having a super fun time with this girl. And second, the example she continues to set for me is amazing. I love this girl and I love the heart God has given her. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment