Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lessons from Grace

I just spent a few minutes de-briefing with Grace about her playdate. On the way to drop the girl off, she told us she missed school for the last 2 days because her "privates were bleeding". You should have seen Grace's face when I looked in the rear-view mirror at her. She was in shock. When we got home, she said "I don't think she needed to tell us that". I think she is right. But our conversation moved on to how proud I was of her and how I want to be like her someday. Then, in her Grace fashion, she proceeded to tell me HOW I could be like her. She said all I have to do is talk nice, but that I "still have to give disciplines". Oh my word, she was cracking me up, but she was majorly serious. She gave me examples of how I should respond when they disobey or do not listen. As we were ending the conversation she said, "You do those things, and if it doesn't work, then talk to me tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment