Thursday, November 19, 2009

Totally Brainless Day

The other day I had a very "brainless" day. Jadyn, Grant and I were leaving to go to Sam's and I noticed that the garbage men had come, so I turned around to put the cans away. I pulled back into the driveway, got out, put the cans away and got back in the van. I went to put the van in reverse and noticed that I had left the van in drive! Oh my word - if it would have moved even an inch, it would have ended up INSIDE the house! Praise the Lord the van did not move.

Later in the day, I was getting ready to go get Jacob and Grace from the bus. Just before I left, Grant woke up, so I had to take him with me. Oh yeah.....IT WAS POURING, not just a little rain, but a heavy downpour. So I drove to the bus stop and for whatever reason (oh yeah, I was late) I had Grant in the front passenger seat. I turned on a dvd and was watching it with Grant until the bus came. I figured he was watching the movie and would just stay in his seat. Nope. Didn't happen that way. The bus came, I got out with the umbrella and went to get the kids. As I was at the bus, I looked back at Grant and saw him standing up. I was willing him to sit back down but could not go back as the kids were getting off the bus. So when we got back to the van, I was not surprised to find out that Grant had locked the door. I panicked for a second and then thought, I can just run home and get the other keys. So I had to leave Jacob and Grace at the van WITH THE UMBRELLA. By the time I got home I was drenched, but I got the keys and ran back - even wetter now. I tried to unlock the van but then realized that with the van running you cannot unlock the doors without an actual key. My van does not really have a key, it is just a key faub thing. Now I was freaking out. I was thinking, I am going to have to punch the window in (clearly not thinking straight). Then it dawned on me - there was an emergency key built into the key faub. Good thing I was paying attention when the guy gave us the keys when we got our new van. I was able to unlock the van and free Grant (and free my own mind).

God is good....all the time. Thank goodness He is always paying attention, especially when I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment