Monday, November 9, 2009

Bedtime with Jacob

Tonight was exhilarating! I was laying in bed with Jacob, and was so tired and wanted to go to sleep, but I knew I had 3 loads of laundry to fold. So I sang to Jacob, rubbed his back and told him I was going to go do my work. He said "do it tomorrow, lay with me and talk to me", and I thought "yeah, the laundry will be there tomorrow, Jacob will not always want me to lay in bed with him with his arms around my head". So I stayed and he asked me if I knew Arthur Lapel (?) - I said no. He told me that he was the author and illustrator of the book he read today and that this man also wrote the Frog and Toad books. It was just an amazing time. Thing is, we do it every night. It was just that tonight I really appreciated what was going on. As I lay there looking at Jacob, I was amazed at how much he looks like Scott did at 7. It was almost eerie. I even asked him what his name was, he thought I was weird. Great night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment