Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It Takes A Child

I was putting the kids to bed tonight and was hurrying a bit, but not a real lot, and tucked the girls in, said good night and was heading out the door as Jadyn was saying "You dinn't pay Mommy" (translation - you didn't pray Mommy). Of course I went straight back in and prayed with them. The thing is the past couple of nights I have been singing my prayers to them (why you ask? don't know - just did it) and tonight I did not feel like singing (why you ask again? don't know - I really enjoyed it when I did it). Thanks to my precious Jadyn I was reminded that God just wants to hear my voice, whether it is in song or words, He just wants to hear from me.

Grant was entertaining tonight. Jacob was doing somersaults on the family room floor and Grant was watching him intently. Then he tried to do it himself. Let me see if I can fully explain the pose. He bent over so that his head was on the floor and his feet were on the floor - kind of an inverted "v". He did not have his hands on the floor - just his head and his feet. I wished so badly that I could get my camera and get a picture before he stopped, but there was not a chance. Funny though - you needed to be there.

Greg decided that Grant needed to go to bed early because he is sick - not real sick but he has a cold (I hope that is it). I was at the table working on homework with Jacob and the girls were also at the table writing. Greg was calling to Grant, telling him it was bedtime and obviously Grant wanted nothing to do with that. So he crawled under the table and sat at my feet, with his head between my ankles - like a puppy. The funny thing was Greg crouched down and called to him like he was a dog! And like a reluctant puppy he finally came crawling out - so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment