Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dinnertime

We have a common happening at dinner, well, we actually have 2 common happenings. The first is as soon as we sit down and pray, Jadyn has to go to the bathroom. There is not a meal we eat that this does not happen. But this is not why I am writing. The other happening is that Jadyn NEVER wants to eat, much less finish, her dinner, but she ALWAYS wants dessert. So tonight as she was having a fit (mostly because her dad brought brownies to the table before everyone finished eating) I started watching. What I saw was truly amazing. Jadyn would eat with no problem IF Grace would sit next to her and occasionally feed her. And Grace would lovingly encourage Jadyn to "just take one more bite" and "if you finish this, then you can have a brownie". She was like the mom that I should be! Then I asked Jadyn who her favorite person was and smiling, she pointed to her sister. Oh, how I hope that love is still there in 10 years! My kids are reading over my shoulder, very curious about what I am writing. A few of them are happy to hear about themselves. Man, I love these kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment