Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Night in the Life...

Tonight we were heading out to go to an informational Cub Scouts meeting, when we stopped to talk to our next door neighbor. He is a teacher and the football coach at Normal High School. His name - Bryan Thomas - and guess what he goes by? Yep, you guessed it - BT. How ironic is that - that our neighbor has the same name as my brother? Weird I know. So while Greg and Jacob were at the meeting, the rest of us went shopping. As we were walking out of Walmart, Grace and I had the following conversation:
G: What does bitch mean?
M: What?
G: What does bitch mean?
M: Where did you hear that?
G: The lady by us in the store said bitch that baby about Grant.
M: Well, that is a swear word and not one I want to hear come from you.

and on we went. What the heck kind of place am I living in? Some random woman in Walmart teaching my angel daughter to swear. AGH! The upside of the night was that Jacob decided he did want to join Cub Scouts. This after he told EVERYONE he saw when we fist got there that he was NOT joining, he was just checking it out. Now we have Grace interested in Girl Scouts and we are going to have a "Pacifier-like" shakedown (Vin Diesel movie "The Pacifier").

1 comment:

  1. Pretty ironic on the BT front, gotta say. Congrats on scouting. I miss you girl and I am praying for you. Please give the kids hugs for me but save the biggest one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete