Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Flies and a Foot Massage

I am being plagued by flies. Maybe it is because my darling children stand with the door wide open and just look outside. Every time I kill one, another one shows up - SICK!

I just got home from running errands. While I was out I decided to get one of the massages I just got for myself. You see....Greg lost an hour's worth of massage because I fixed the dryer in 4 minutes after he had been fighting with it for the previous 1.5 hours. So to save him the heartache of actually rubbing my back (and so that I could actually get a good massage) I bought a package at the Chinese place in the mall. Now...I know what you are thinking. Probably the same thing Greg thought when I told him...are they going to be in business in a week? Why would you get something like that at the mall? Well, I had the guy to a test run on me BEFORE I bought anything. And he was good and strong (very important). And it was buy one, get one free. Hello? Could anyone pass this by? Heck no. So......I went to get a foot massage today. I did not get it from the guy as he was doing someone else (that sounds terrible), but after he was finished with the other person he came over to Jadyn who was sitting so nicely by me and attempted to get her to let him massage her feet. Now picture this is you will....he speaks NO English and clearly, Jadyn speaks no Chinese. He picked her up and set her down on the chair next to me. I knew what he was doing, so I was not alarmed by his actions. He then tried to get her to take her shoes off. She just kept looking at him like what are you doing? Then she scooched off the chair, and he went and put her back on. She looked at him, pulled her feet up to her chest, holding her shoes and yelled no. Then she looked at me and with tears in her eyes said she wanted to take a nap. If you know Jadyn, you know that a nap is her excuse to get out of whatever she does not want to do. So I held her in my lap and told her she did not have to have her feet rubbed, but that one day she really would want to have it done. She was not believing me. In the meantime Grant woke up from the dreamy nap he took the whole time I was in there. What he saw when he woke up was the Chinese lady doing my feet, not his momma. He went ballistic. When the Chinese lady got up and tried to take him out of the stroller I thought he was going to have a coronary. I quickly scooped him up and instead of enjoying the last few minutes of my massage, I sat with my precious angels on my lap. I guess this is what happens when you move away from your babysitters. Maybe I am just lucky that I got to have the few minutes I did get.

No comments:

Post a Comment