Thursday, August 27, 2009

We're Moving



Yesterday the packers came and packed up 75% of my house. I was OK. Today, when the pulled up with the semi truck, I started crying. Funny how the sound of a semi truck can bring on the tears. But I get that way at parades too, when planes fly over or sirens sound. So I am sitting at the kitchen table with the fish bowl right next to me so that Sushi is not packed up, watching one of the packers (Louis) pack my kitchen. I am sure he just loves having me watch him (although I really am not watching), but it is really interesting to see how the professionals do it. Way better than I would have for sure. I think I am feeling OK with this move. I am most sad about how sad my mom and dad are going to be. I think they are going to take it the hardest. They are left with nothing and we are all going onto a new exciting adventure (keep telling yourself that, Michelle). So, if you are reading this - PLEASE say a prayer for my mom and dad and keep them in your prayers, if you can. Thanks!!

A little while ago I was outside getting my garbage cans ready to pack. I opened one and was disgustingly surprised to find some very old weeds that had turned into soupy sewage floating in the bottom. I almost threw up. So I was cleaning it out and the same packer as above (Louis) can out with his hand wrapped in packing paper that was stained red and said "Uh, we have a problem". I had thought he cut his hand off. He informed me that red food coloring had spilled in my kitchen. Whew! Red food coloring I can handle, but a cut off bleeding hand - not so much. I was very thankful that it was the food coloring and that he was OK. Although, my hands are now permanently stained red.

It is interesting to have someone pack your life up as you sit back and watch. Weird, actually. I feel so very lazy, but this is what you spend the big bucks for, right? In honesty, Greg's company is paying for my piece of mind, I guess. Let me tell you about this...When Greg went to work for this company they agreed to pay a certain dollar amount to move us. The amount was generous for sure but not enough to move our entire house. But we were definitely thankful to get it. So now it is moving time and Greg's company asked him for a copy of the bill for the move. He gave it to them and they cut him a check. He called me later to tell me that they gave him a check for the ENTIRE amount! Praise the Lord! That was so very generous of them. Greg told his boss that this was not what she said she would pay and she told him that she just felt she should pay for the whole thing. What a tremendous blessing she was to us!! We are so blessed to be going to work for such a great company and great boss! God has been blessing us all along the way, not just money things either. I asked to be smacked in the face with knowing that this was the right thing and so far is certainly seems to be right. I just keep praying that we remain in God's will, whatever that is - wherever that is!




The kids came over (they have been staying at my mom and dad's) to see the semi. The guys let them go in the front of the truck and check out the beds inside. They thought is was pretty cool! Then they got in the back and ran around in it. In the trailer part at the front there is a step up. Leave it to Grace to say that this part is a "stage". Well, that's it for now. Maybe more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment