Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Most Important Part (and I Left It Out)

I was leaving to drive and meet my friend to drop off her daughter, who had spent a couple of nights with us, when all of a sudden I remembered that Faith (the daughter) had told me that she wanted to stop by my parent's house to say goodbye to them. BTW - that is where Jacob had been staying to spend some time with his cousin, Spencer. So, about 25-30 yards before my parent's road I decided to turn. That is not a whole lot of time when you are driving 60 MPH. Suffice it to say, it was a last minute decision. AND TOTALLY IN THE PROVIDENCE OF GOD (but what isn't, right?) How PERFECT of our Lord to have me stop, when I was not planning to, and be able to take care of my "broken" child. God is SO AMAZING and so in control of EVERY situation. How can I sit here and not trust HIS perfect plan for my life? Even when things do not go according to the way I plan them, I can certainly rest in the certainity that things DO go according to God's plan. We are still waiting on what to do with our house. I miss my husband terribly and he is struggling with not being wherever our family is. I currently fall in and out of trust with God. I struggle with controlling the situation, when I have ABSOLUTELY no control of anything that has to do with the situation. All I know is, I am ready to be with Greg, together as a family, wherever that is. I can't honestly say that I wasn't already feeling this way. I have hated this from the very first day and it is not getting any better. I guess that is a good thing though. But each time I struggle with this, I keep going back to the fact that this is all in HIS holy hands and is not something for me to worry or fret over. It is a bit like our pastor said on Sunday - "It is easier to believe IN God, than to believe God" Why am I struggling with believing that He will take care of everything? I know that it may not be according to my plan, yet somehow I still struggle with what I know to be true. What the heck is my deal? Anyway, I have totally digressed. Back to the original story....It was not at all convenient for my precious friend and her gracious husband to drive all the way to my parent's house to pick up their daughter (and drop off the car top carrier thing I was borrowing), but what are friends for if not to go the extra mile (or 100 or whatever it actually was)? Thankfully, I am truly blessed with wonderful friends and family, who all changed the courses of their days to help me out. Praise the Lord for them all! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment