Monday, August 17, 2009

"Sing a New Song"

This is the title of the devotion in "Our Daily Bread" for today and WHAT an encouragement it is for me! Today I am in Bloomington - registering the kids for school and getting "EVERYTHING" set up for us to move here in 2 weeks. I was feeling totally overwhelmed as I was preparing for this, but God in His infinite majesty and wisdom totally had everything all planned out for me. Oh how I am praising Him in this storm!! I was so very happy to see that Jacob and Grace's classrooms are RIGHT next to each other - so on the off chance that one of them needs the other they are really close! Praise the Lord! I wrote 3 checks at the school totalling $240, just to go to school - what the heck? I have to pay for public school? We aren't in Michigan anymore!! $30 for the "Bithday Book Club Celebration" in which they get a new level-appropriate book on their birthday, $50 each for lunch and $55 each to "register" for school. AAAGGHHHH!!!! I have already talked to Jacob's teacher and she seems pretty nice and I am looking forward to talking to Grace's teacher. I was worked up about my kids starting school late - as we won't be here unti 10 days after school starts - but I have been re-reassured that they will be fine. Praise the Lord! I have found a pediatrician, the bus stop, a bank and a good place for coffee, so I feel I am doinf good. We are looking at the house tonight and I forgot to bring the video camera or any camera for that matter, so I am thinking - since I am already hemmoraging money - I might as well go buy the new camera I have been talking about. I stopped at the apartment to check email and go to the bathroom and while I was there I read the above-mentioned devotion, which talked about praising the Lord in EVERY situation - good or bad. Boy if that was not exactly for me on this day in this situation, I do not know what it is!!! God is so great and I am so blessed by His mighty hand on my life!!! So, that's all for now....maybe I will have more later...maybe I will have some pictures.....maybe.

1 comment:

  1. so so so glad to hear everything is going smoothly! so so so sad you are really truly leaving :(

    ReplyDelete