Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Time Is Coming

One week and counting.....everything is really setting into place. The movers come here on Wednesday, and we are off by Sunday. I am very sad and very scared and very nervous, but I know God is in control and I have NOTHING to worry about. Right before we left on vacation to Oscoda, Greg and I (on a whim) found a house to rent on Craig's List. We emailed the owner and Greg went and looked at it that night and we had everything agreed to THAT night. Crazy how fast it went! So last week (the week after vacation) I went to IL with Greg to get the kids registered for school and get things set up with the house. I stayed for 3 days and then took the train home. That was an experience! But now...we are at the place where everything is starting to be REAL. And I am scared. I am leaving everything I have ever known. I am leaving my home, my family, my friends, my church....yet I am putting MY family back together. For that I am eternally grateful and so happy. I miss being with Greg. I miss the kids running and jumping on him every night. I miss him shooting baskets with Jacob. I hate that he has missed things in each of our kids lives. I am so glad that we are going to be together again. God has certainly blessed us!!! Praise His Holy Name!!

Here is a picture of our old house





And here is a picture of out new house




Everything is kind of different. But God is good and will take care of us!! We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things are working out for you and the family Michelle! Your new home looks lovely too and I know you'll keep us all updated here on your blog right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad and so happy for you! IL is not too far. Visits can be frequent :) I'm so glad your family is reuniting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete