Saturday, January 26, 2013

Who Do I Love Most?

On the heels of my last post........I was reading this morning in Matthew, chapter 10. I was very convicted by this verse:

"...anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me," vs 37b

Am I worthy of the LORD? Do I love my kids more than I love the LORD? If I am totally honest, my answer would probably be yes. Now hold on....I am still trying to process and digest this. I love the LORD with all my heart. And loving Him does have outward expressions. I just think it is easier to show my outward expressions of Christ's love to my children, than it is to express them to other people. See what I am talking about?

But then......how about the quantity or quality of time spent with each one? Quantity goes, hands down, to my kids. At least that is how it looks from the inside. However, I can't do all I have to for my kiddos without the constant help from the LORD. It is He who give me the abilities and time and everything else I need to give to them.

So, this is definitely giving me something to think about. I love my kids, for sure. But, without my Heavenly Father, I would not only NOT have my kiddos, but I would also not have the ability to love and care for them the way I do.

My love for the LORD needs to surpass that of everyone else. Still feeling convicted and no less confused. But I know that I am a work in progress, and that He loves me. I also know that He knows I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment